From sweetmovesdude <dennis.ku...@tu-dortmund.de>
Subject Combine SVG out of single SVG files
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:09:25 GMT
Hey everyone,

I have some .svg files in a folder, each representing a single component.
What I want is to create a 100x100 px SVG document with these components,
e.g. the "login.svg" uses the "background_green.svg" and the
"login_component.svg".

I used Batik to create a 100x100 px document, but now wonder how I can
"import" SVG files from a specific path, let's say
$home/documents/components/

What I have so far is

String svgNS = SVGDOMImplementation.SVG_NAMESPACE_URI;
DOMImplementation impl = SVGDOMImplementation.getDOMImplementation();
Document doc = impl.createDocument(svgNS, "svg", null);

Element svgRoot = doc.getDocumentElement();
svgRoot.setAttributeNS(svgNS, "width", "100");
svgRoot.setAttributeNS(svgNS, "height", "100");

How can I import the SVG components and attach them to svgRoot?

Thank you all for helping!