From Henryk Hecht ...@hhecht.e4ward.com>
Subject Re: text-anchor: middle bug?
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 19:55:44 GMT
Helder Magalhães wrote:

> Humm... Could this be the same as bug 49736 [1]? The whitespace
> removal workaround should help confirming it.

I initially thought not, since my tspans had no trailing whitespace, but
comment #3 of 49736 mentioned a case in which deletion of whitespace
between the text and tspan elements solved the problem, and that worked in
my case, as well.  Actually, I only needed to delete the whitespace
between the two tspan elements within the text element.  It is possible
that his bug (and mine) differ from that of the reporter-I am not sure.

I find it interesting that this occurs with 1.6 JVMs on both Linux and
Windows (for me, anyway), but not with 1.5, and that I only experience the
bug if I use the font elsewhere first.  I thought perhaps the difference
might have something to do with AWT or collections, but based on the
whitespace-removal trick, maybe there is a difference in XML parsing?  It
is hard for me to know where to look, as I've no idea what Batik is doing
here (or anywhere, really), and it isn't straightforward to compare data
structures that can't live in the same JVM.

I guess I will add my information to the bug report, if no one has a
better idea.  At the least, I now have a workaround-thank you for the
pointer.

--
HH