From "Bronswijk, Michiel" <michiel.bronsw...@oce.com>
Subject Batik and Java 7 non-compliancy
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:07:37 GMT
Hi all,

The current Batik release 1.7 is not compliant with Java 7 and gives build errors on the obsolete
Sun graphics libraries (Oracle removed them in Java 7).

For example:

batik\sources\org\apache\batik\ext\awt\image\codec\jpeg\JPEGImageWriter.java:30:
error: package com.sun.image.codec.jpeg does not exist

Is there a new release planned soon that solves these issues?  Personally I do not use the
JPEG and TIFF functionality in Batik so I can use the compiled jar instead for the time being,
but I'm not sure if this also works when you actually use this functionality. I would expect
you will get class not loaded exceptions on the obsolete sun classes.

Regards,

Michiel Bronswijk.

Michiel Bronswijk

Software Engineer

SE-1

Océ-Technologies B.V. * A Canon Group Company

P.O. Box 101 * 5900 MA  Venlo

St. Urbanusweg 43 * 5914 CA  Venlo * The Netherlands

T +31 (0)77 359 5694

E Michiel.Bronswijk@oce.com <mailto:Michiel.Bronswijk@oce.com>  * W www.oce.com <http://www.oce.com/>

Trade Register Number: 122002662

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.

If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
telephone and with a 'reply' message.

Thank you for your co-operation.