From DeWeese Thomas <thomas.dewe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: receiving error rendering Corel file
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 21:47:13 GMT
Hi Lyman,

	Your document is in error.  There is no 'odm' element in the SVG namespace.  If you had validation
on the document would fail.  This is essentially a runtime version of an XML validation failure.

	I suggest you remove the element(s) from the document and see if it works then.

	Thomas

On Mar 20, 2012, at 2:12 PM, Lyman Hurd wrote:

> Converting mytest.svg to mytest.jpg ... org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderEx
> ception: null
> Enclosed Exception:
> The current document is unable to create an element of the requested type (names
> pace: http://www.w3.org/2000/svg, name: odm).
>         at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstra
> ctTranscoder.java:134)
>         at org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.transcode(SVGAbstra
> ctTranscoder.java:156)
>         at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.SVGConverter.transcode(SVGConverter.
> java:1001)
>         at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.SVGConverter.execute(SVGConverter.ja
> va:717)
>         at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.execute(Main.java:938)
>         at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.main(Main.java:992)
> ... error (SVGConverter.error.while.rasterizing.file)
>
> The file does render in IE and when I read the header I see that it appears to reference
the SVG 1.1 standard (in poking around I read comments about the use of 1.2 features not being
supported in Batik).

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd">
> <!-- Creator: CorelDRAW X5 -->
>
> I am using a binary distribution and I read some discussion but that not natively supporting
extensions.  Is this something I need to consider?  I moved the file batik-rasterizer-ext.jar
to the current directory to ensure it was in the classpath but that had no effect.

> Thanks for any guidance.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lyman
>
> The information contained in this message is for the intended addressee only and may
contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended addressee,
please delete this message and notify the sender, and do not copy or distribute this message
or disclose its contents to anyone. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Capax Global LLC or of any of its
associated companies. No reliance may be placed on this message without written confirmation
from an authorised representative of the company. Capax Global LLC, Registered Office: 10
Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA.