From Andrew Rowlands <a.rowla...@uq.edu.au>
Subject Re: BBox for text on path
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 13:51:09 GMT
Hi again Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.  Ahh, this does sound like something that would definitely contribute
to the issue.. non-displayed text not contributing to the bbox hadn't actually crossed my
mind, but it makes sense..  it was probably pure luck that the combination of certain characters
centred on the path caused a slightly different bbox width calc that triggered a resize.

Not to worry, since the other approach works well there's plenty of other things to lose sleep
over instead ;)

Cheers,
Andrew

On 08/03/2012, at 10:23 AM, DeWeese Thomas wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> 	So it's a little hard to say based just on the code, but since it was text on a path,
I suspect that the problem is that if text doesn't fit on the path then the text is not displayed
so it doesn't count against the bbox.  So if the text was too long it might look like it fit
because the text that was too long would simply be dropped.  In this case you did exactly
the right thing using getComputedTextLength.