From Maciej Dybał <maciej.dy...@comarch.com>
Subject Re: Displaying elements with gradients in on-the-fly build SVGDocument
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:49:02 GMT
Hit Thomas,

I use batik 1.7 official release. Because time is of essence for me now
I found a workaround (not pretty I admit) - after creating document, I
save it as a temporary file on disc, and load it to canvas. That
resolves the problem.

I was a bit surprised but I didn't see any stacktrace and didn't get any
error message while opening this document. However, before aplying the
above mentioned workaround I observed one more interesting thing. When I
ommited this gradient styles in <defs> node, batik showed an error
message stating that styles used in nodes cannot be found. After adding
the styles the error didn't occur, but still (as I mentioned before)
nodes with gradients were not drawn.

Best regards,
Maciek
> Hi Maciek,
>
> On Jun 21, 2012, at 8:12 AM, Maciej Dybał wrote:
>
>> I have a problem with properly displaying a SVGDocument (build on-the-fly) in JSVGCanvas
and I would really appreciate some guidance.

>> I use Java 1.6 on Windows XP. In my app I store SVGConfiguration as a CLOB in database.
In the runtime I get the String from database, create a SVGDocument and display it on JSVGCanvas.
This works fine until I have some gradients defined in <defs> node. In this case no
exception is thrown but the elements using gradients are not drawn at all.

>> I tried to find some soultion on the web and in the mailing-list archive but came
out empty-handed. Setting a xml:base with following code did not help:

>>     URL baseURL = new URL(new java.io.File("").toURL().toExternalForm());
>>     String url = baseURL.toString();
>>     ((SVGOMDocument)doc).setURLObject(baseURL);
> 	In my experience providing a URL to the document with SetURLObject as you do here has
always resolved these sorts of issues.  Also have you tried the current SVN version of Batik?