From DeWeese Thomas <thomas.dewe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Displaying elements with gradients in on-the-fly build SVGDocument
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:15:47 GMT
Hi Maciek,

On Jun 21, 2012, at 8:12 AM, Maciej DybaƂ wrote:

> I have a problem with properly displaying a SVGDocument (build on-the-fly) in JSVGCanvas
and I would really appreciate some guidance.

> I use Java 1.6 on Windows XP. In my app I store SVGConfiguration as a CLOB in database.
In the runtime I get the String from database, create a SVGDocument and display it on JSVGCanvas.
This works fine until I have some gradients defined in <defs> node. In this case no
exception is thrown but the elements using gradients are not drawn at all.

> I tried to find some soultion on the web and in the mailing-list archive but came out
empty-handed. Setting a xml:base with following code did not help:

>    URL baseURL = new URL(new java.io.File("").toURL().toExternalForm());
>    String url = baseURL.toString();
>    ((SVGOMDocument)doc).setURLObject(baseURL);

	In my experience providing a URL to the document with SetURLObject as you do here has always
resolved these sorts of issues.  Also have you tried the current SVN version of Batik?

	You should be getting some sort of error as well, can you dig any up?

	Thomas