From Marco Herrn ...@mherrn.de>
Subject Re: When is the UpdateManager definitely available?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 13:05:48 GMT
Hi Thomas,

On Fri, Nov 02, 2012 at 07:52:38PM -0400, DeWeese Thomas wrote:
>    I think your current method should work (unless of course the document isn't dynamic
in which case it may never have an UpdateManager).

Yes, my document is dynamic.

>  You might also consider listening to the onload event (either on the document using
DOM events, or you can register an SVGLoadEventDispatcherListener with the canvas directly.

The javadoc of the getUpdateManager() method talks about registering a
GVTTreeRendererListener. When is it advised to use the
GVTTreeRendererListener and when the SVGLoadEventDispatcherListener (or the
GVTTreeBuilderListener as Jonathan said)?

>    However without knowing your application at all I wonder if possibly the problem isn't
listening to early but listening too late, i.e. you request the UpdateManager after it has
been discarded (which might happen if you dispose of the document shortly after it has finished
rendering).

Well, this may really be the case. I have to inspect it further, but as you
said my current method should work, I assume you are pointing in the right
direction.

Thanks
Marco