From Werner Guttmann <werner.guttm...@indoqa.com>
Subject Re: Path transcoding problems with Batik
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 20:58:02 GMT
Hi Thomas,

adding share-rendering to the surrounding layers did the trick. Thanks
for your help.

Regards
Werner

On 01.11.2012 23:38, DeWeese Thomas wrote:
> Hi Werner,
>      The result is much better if you add shape-rendering="geometricPrecision" either
to the path or the containing group.  It may be that by adjusting the miter limit you could
also mitigate/eliminate the issue (the jags look to me like miters gone wild).

>      Thomas
>
> On Oct 30, 2012, at 8:23 AM, Werner Guttmann <werner.guttmann@indoqa.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> we are trying to transcode an SVG into a PNG using Apache Batik, and we are having
problems with the quality of some SVG artefacts (mainly pathes, using a pattern).

>> I have attached a small set of files that should be sufficient to assess the problem,
including ...

>> 1) A very minimal SVG file (with one pattern definition and a path that actually
uses that pattern).
>> 2) A screen shot of a PNG after transcoding, that shows (for the path jags in the
upper right area.

>> Our observations are:
>>
>> a) When we view the SVG file in e.g. Inkscape, everything looks just fine (i.e. the
path is smooth and there are no jags).
>> b) Once we use Batik to transcode this image to a PNG, we are starting to see those
jags appear (as with this very path).

>> One more thing:
>>
>> - We are not in control of e.g. the pattern definition, as that's controlled externally.
And the very same SVG is being used on a web site where the rendering of SVG artefacts is
done through flash and does not cause this problem.