From DeWeese Thomas <thomas.dewe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TextPainter
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 00:11:03 GMT
Hi Barry,
   The PDF Transcoder using code from FOP doesn't have a full StrokingTextPainter (which doesn't
really mean what you think it means) implementation but it tries to detect "simple" text and
render that with drawString.

   FYI the StrokingTextPainter doesn't generally draw all text as outlines but it does draw
it as GlyphVectors which is really required to implement all of the text effects required
by the SVG standard (and most Graphics2D implementations turn those into Outlines) .  It's
called StrokingTextPainter because it can, optionally, stroke the text it renders (meaning
draw a fat line around the outline of the text, which does need to be done as outlines).

   Hope that helps.