From DeWeese Thomas <thomas.dewe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with fonts, ImageTranscoder and Java 7
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:10:10 GMT
Hi Luke,
    Is it possible the SVGDocument embedded the font in it?
    You can check by seeing if there is a "font" element in the document.
    Otherwise you might want to take a look at what sources/org/apache/batik/gvt/font/FontFamilyResolver.java
is finding installed on the system.

    Thomas

On Feb 14, 2013, at 5:25 AM, Kölbener Lukas <lukas.koelbener@scs.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a strange behavior I can’t explain and might be a incompatibility bug of batik
and JDK 1.7. That’s what I do:

> 1.       I transcode an SVGDocument to a BufferedImage with a specialization of ImageTranscoder
> 2.       I use a special font in my SVG documents. I customized it and added some special
glyphs. So I install my customized font on the computer and run the program.
> 3.       In the transcoded image the new font has not applied. If I load the font in
a Swing app or in a texteditor I see the system loaded the customized font. But not in image
processed by batik. Somehow it still uses the “old version” of the font, which in my view
should not even exist anymore on the computer.

> This happens when I work with Java 1.7 Update 5. If I uninstall JDK 1.7 and install JDK
1.6 everything works fine.

> I work on a Win 7 computer. Installing and uninstalling fonts is made over the Windows/Fonts
folder (don’t know any other way).