From DeWeese Thomas <thomas.dewe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mismatch between pdf and png
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 23:01:18 GMT
It does look like a bug somewhere in the PDFGraphics2D implementation.  It's a little hard
to guess what it is since a simple cubic bezier curve shouldn't pose much of an issue to it.
 Looking at the code it simply copies the control points to the PDF output.  It looks a bit
like someone replaced a cubic with a quadradic (which they might think they could do because
the two control points are the same, but of course you can't).

Thomas

On May 1, 2013, at 6:25 AM, Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:

> XSL:FO acts like a template library similar to FreeMarker or Velocity substiuting in
values for  attributes to FOP elements and then generating the PDF based on the parameters
you supplied

> so  blaming FOP for incorrect params  you supply in all probability wont solve this particular
problem

> if PDF is  generated from SVG then i would suggest concentrate on the SVG to PDF generation

> if after dissecting SVG to PDF generator you are  still calling No Joy for generating
your PDF  then you can write your own converter

> Martin Gainty
> Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung
>
> Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaenger sein, so
bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer
entfaltet keine rechtliche Bindungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails
koennen wir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.

> From: dsrogers@hp.com
> To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
> Subject: RE: mismatch between pdf and png
> Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 19:12:57 +0000
>
> I’ve done more research on this, (though I haven’t gotten a solid response from the
list yet).  I’ve managed to upgrade to FOP 1.1 in order to nail down if it was a bug in
the embedded version of FOP.

> Here is what I mean.  The PDF and PNG were both generated from the SVG.  They don’t
match.  The PNG matches what I see in Chrome.  The PDF does not.

> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B73ieqBa7GmsRlY0UjAzLWNqODA/edit?usp=sharing
> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B73ieqBa7GmscmFxMnpSQ2p3Z3c/edit?usp=sharing
> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B73ieqBa7GmsM3JlZC0wRTlCbHM/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Is this a bug?  If it’s a bug, I’m happy to file…
> --
> Daniel

PDF output.  However when I render:

> http://www.w3schools.com/svg/tryit.asp?filename=trysvg_path2
>
> (after deleting the font=”sans-serif” attribute) to png, jpeg and pdf using batik-rasterizer.jar,
PDF output is different and clearly NOT matching png, jpeg or browser output.  The blue curve
touches the green line in all versions but PDF.  In PDF, the blue curve is below the green
line.  Shouldn’t these be the same?

> I thought it might be a bug in the version of FOP embedded in batik and tried replacing
pdf-transcoder.jar, but it started dragging in a bunch of apache Avalon dependencies, and
I didn’t dig further.