From Robert Marcano <rob...@marcanoonline.com>
Subject Re: Problems loading an SVG file to Document
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 13:02:58 GMT
On 08/21/2013 06:17 PM, Mark Riley wrote:
> I can't seem to get it to generate a stack trace. It's being run in a thread and the
thread just dies.

> I put a break point at SAXSVGDocumentFactory and when I try to step into it the thread
dies. This code is surrounded by a try-catch so I'm not too sure what's going on. Sorry, I
know that info is not too helpful. I just seem to lose the paper trail right at SAXSVGDocumentFactory
f = new SAXSVGDocumentFactory(parser);

> Thanks,
> Mark

Ummm a crash instead of stack trace!

If it is a JVM crash check the directory where the application is
running, you should find a crash dump file there. You can force a
location with the JVM option  -XX:ErrorFile=path_to_file/java_error.log
or any file name you want, do not run it under a debugger and check for
the generated file

try something like (this is a test no pretty code), lets see if you get
printed if the contents if read and saved to a file, probably the crash
happens reading the stream and not parsing it:

=========================
String parser = XMLResourceDescriptor.getXMLParserClassName();

SAXSVGDocumentFactory f = new SAXSVGDocumentFactory(parser);

String uri = image.getFilename();
System.out.println(uri);
File file = new File("myFile.svg");
FileUtils.copyTofile(image.getStream(), file);
System.out.println("File saved");

InputStream is = new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(file));
Document doc = f.createDocument(uri, is);
is.close();