From Mark Riley <mark.ri...@seriousintegrated.com>
Subject RE: Problems loading an SVG file to Document
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 22:47:51 GMT
I can't seem to get it to generate a stack trace. It's being run in a thread and the thread
just dies.

I put a break point at SAXSVGDocumentFactory and when I try to step into it the thread dies.
This code is surrounded by a try-catch so I'm not too sure what's going on. Sorry, I know
that info is not too helpful. I just seem to lose the paper trail right at SAXSVGDocumentFactory
f = new SAXSVGDocumentFactory(parser);

Thanks,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Marcano [mailto:robert@marcanoonline.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:35 PM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problems loading an SVG file to Document

On 08/21/2013 12:27 PM, Mark Riley wrote:
> Im using the code:
>
> String parser = XMLResourceDescriptor.getXMLParserClassName();
>
> SAXSVGDocumentFactory f = new SAXSVGDocumentFactory(parser);
>
> Document doc = f.createDocument(image.getFilename(),
> image.getStream());
>
> It seems parser returns null and my application crashes out.

Can you copy the stacktrace, because it is normal for
getXMLParserClassName() to returns null, the default parser is the JRE included parser.

See:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/batik/tags/batik-1_7/sources/org/apache/batik/dom/util/SAXDocumentFactory.java?revision=608260&view=markup

Line 404