From Mark Riley <mark.ri...@seriousintegrated.com>
Subject RE: Problems loading an SVG file to Document
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 18:14:57 GMT
I don't get any generated crash files nor a stack trace.

With your provided code it fails at the same spot

           String parser = XMLResourceDescriptor.getXMLParserClassName();

            SAXSVGDocumentFactory f = new SAXSVGDocumentFactory(parser);  //Fails here, Drops
into a FINALLY statement in the application.

            String uri = image.getFilename();
            System.out.println(uri);
            File file = new File("myFile.svg");
            FileUtils.copyInputStreamToFile(image.getStream(), file);
            System.out.println("File saved");

            InputStream is = new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(file));
            Document doc = f.createDocument(uri, is);
            is.close();

The code that calls it looks like

     try {
            setProgress(1);
            ship.mash();
        } catch (Exception ex) {
            StatusDisplayer.getDefault().setStatusText("Project verify failed!");
            LOGGER.log(Level.SEVERE, "\nVerify failed!\n");
            Exceptions.printStackTrace(ex);
        } finally {
        }
        return ship;

ship.mash() starts a long process of verifying the users information which in turn calls the
SVG code. When the SVG code 'Fails' it falls into the finally statement.

Thanks
Mark