From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Angle of markers
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 20:57:52 GMT
Hi all,

I'm member of Apache OpenOffice project. We are working on import filter
for SVG graphics. In this context I have looked, how Squiggle renders
the graphics with markers with orient="auto".

I see, that Squiggle does not consider the direction of the last path
segment for marker-start in a closed path, and the direction of the
first path segment for marker-end in a closed path.

I think, because of
   "In all cases for closed subpaths (e.g., subpaths which end with a
  'closepath' command), the orientation of the marker corresponding to
the initial point of the subpath is calculated assuming that:
     the path segment going into the vertex is the path segment
corresponding to the closepath
     the path segment coming out of the vertex is the first path segment
in the subpath"
in http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/painting.html#OrientAttribute

marker-start and marker-end have to use angle bisector as well in closed
paths.

I can provide you with some test files, but do not know whether this
mailing list allows attachments.

Kind regards
Regina