From Kerschbaum Michael <m.kerschb...@pke.at>
Subject AW: Please help no output from rasterizer
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 14:14:23 GMT
Hello,

As my experience tells me, the res 32k times 24k is too big ! Normally you should use tiles.
The question is what do you want to do with this large image. If you want to use it in viewer
it normally takes too long to load the image. You should use the same technique like google
maps. The have 4 tiles per zoom level. Depending on the image a number of 6 or 7 levels are
enough ! Google using 16 is guess.

Mfg Michael

Von: Mike Bowler [mailto:mikeybowler@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 03. März 2014 15:08
An: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Betreff: Fwd: Please help no output from rasterizer

Hi,

Please see the attached log file.

Thanks,

Mike

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mike Bowler <mikeybowler@gmail.com<mailto:mikeybowler@gmail.com>>
Date: 3 March 2014 11:18
Subject: Please help no output from rasterizer
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org<mailto:batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>

Hi Batik team,

I would like some help and support, I'm currently using batik-rasterizer to convert SVGs to
PNGs and this is working great for the following settings:

c:\Apps\batik\batik-1.7>batik-rasterizer.jar -w 16384 -h 12288 -dpi 200 c:\Custom.svg -d
c:\Custom.png

However I require a higher resolution of png (its a long story!), when I try the following
settings:

c:\Apps\batik\batik-1.7>batik-rasterizer.jar -w 32768 -h 24576 c:\Custom.svg -d c:\Custom2.png

An empty Custom2.png (file size zero) is produced. I can see that mu CPU hits about 50% and
the memory peeks about 12 gb (I have 16gb installed in my Windows 7 machine) for about 3 seconds
then just drops. I'm thinking that something is running out of memory but I dont know what
and batik doesnt throw any out of memory warnings.

Any help or pointers would be greatful to try and over come this problem.

Thanks,