From Kerschbaum Michael <m.kerschb...@pke.at>
Subject AW: Question regarding Batik Transcode of SVG to Image
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 14:36:24 GMT
Hello,

Im not sure how the glyph are embedded in the svg ?! Perhaps you can send an example svg ?!

Mfg

Michael Kerschbaum

Von: Jared Jurkiewicz (jjurkiew) [mailto:jjurkiew@cisco.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. Mai 2015 15:29
An: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Question regarding Batik Transcode of SVG to Image

Anyone?  I am rather stuck here.

Sincerely,
-- Jared Jurkiewicz

From: Cisco Employee <jjurkiew@cisco.com<mailto:jjurkiew@cisco.com>>
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2015 10:42 AM
To: "batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org<mailto:batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>"
<batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org<mailto:batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>>

Folks,
I have transcoding of SVG -> PNG generally working fine.   However, I have encountered
an issue where Japanese, Chinese, and Korean (basically any asian language), glyphs do not
render correctly.  In my browser I see them render fine, but when I send them down into Batik
all that comes out are images that have squares where the glyphs should be.   I am running
batik on a RedHat Enterprise Linux system, and it supposedly does have the xorg misc fonts
installed for Japanese, Chinese, and so on.

How does Batik decide what glyph to render and insert it?  Is it possibly just a an OS missing
font issue?   Can you give me some guidance on how to proceed in isolating the cause?

Sincerely,
-- Jared Jurkiewicz