From "Jared Jurkiewicz (jjurkiew)" <jjurk...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding Batik Transcode of SVG to Image
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 13:29:29 GMT
Anyone?  I am rather stuck here.

Sincerely,
-- Jared Jurkiewicz

From: Cisco Employee <jjurkiew@cisco.com<mailto:jjurkiew@cisco.com>>
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2015 10:42 AM
To: "batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org<mailto:batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>"
<batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org<mailto:batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>>
Subject: Question regarding Batik Transcode of SVG to Image

Folks,
I have transcoding of SVG -> PNG generally working fine.   However, I have encountered
an issue where Japanese, Chinese, and Korean (basically any asian language), glyphs do not
render correctly.  In my browser I see them render fine, but when I send them down into Batik
all that comes out are images that have squares where the glyphs should be.   I am running
batik on a RedHat Enterprise Linux system, and it supposedly does have the xorg misc fonts
installed for Japanese, Chinese, and so on.

How does Batik decide what glyph to render and insert it?  Is it possibly just a an OS missing
font issue?   Can you give me some guidance on how to proceed in isolating the cause?

Sincerely,
-- Jared Jurkiewicz