From Fred <fred.fr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Boxes around each character
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 22:44:14 GMT
Hi,

we have the same problem as Urmo Rae (see, “Strange behaviour when rendering SVG texts under
java program vs jruby” from 19 Jan 2016 ).

We are using FOP to render XSL-FO, with some instream SVG graphics into PDF.
All worked very well with FOP 1.0 and Batik 1.7.

Since we have updated to FOP 2.0 (and now 2.1) and Batik 1.8, we get boxes around every single
character when the text is in the SVG Part of the document.

But the problem only occurs when executed from a servlet on tomcat 6.
When FOP is called standalone from the command line on the same machine, the PDF looks fine.

Please have a look to the attached example.

Thanks a lot
Fred