From Cameron Mullen <...@skio.io>
Subject Maven Central JARs Causing NullPointerException
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 16:45:44 GMT
I had been getting an odd NullPointerException when calling
SVGGraphics2D.drawRenderedImage,
so I built the library from source to get more debugging information, and
the problem simply went away. I tried recompiling with the debug flag off,
and still couldn't reproduce the problem. I think there might be a problem
with the JARs being hosted in maven central.

I put together a small GitHub repo to reproduce the problem:
https://github.com/SkioDev/batik-debug

This generates this stacktrace:

at org.apache.batik.svggen.ImageHandlerBase64Encoder.encodeImage(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.batik.svggen.ImageHandlerBase64Encoder.handleHREF(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.batik.svggen.DefaultImageHandler.handleImage(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.batik.svggen.SimpleImageHandler.handleImage(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.batik.svggen.SVGGraphics2D.drawRenderedImage(Unknown Source)
at com.skio.batik_debug.App.main(App.java:44)

Environment details:

OS: Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.3
JDK: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_40-b25)
--
Cameron Mullen
Founder & CEO - Skio

+1 (214) 232-5010