From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Thanks to the community!
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 20:35:36 GMT

Martin,

*From:* Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net>
> *Sent:* Wednesday, September 6, 2017 6:33 PM *To:*
> batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org *Subject:* Thanks to the
> community!
>
>> I can't be happier about the result, and I owe it to yet another
>> (!) Apache community.
>
> MG>since chris is singing your praises MG>i wonder if batik handles
> JPEG writing ?

Looks like JPEGTranscoder will do the trick, just like their
PNGTranscoder.

> MG>my immediate requirement is to insert IIOMetadata into an
> existing JPG MG>or at least write to a new JPG with IIOMetadata
> tree inserted into the JPG

Will Batik help with that? It's not really a general-purpose image
library.

> MG>oracle is backing off supporting JPEG classes deprecating the
> majority of jpeg classes like JPEGImageWriter

Nobody should have been using JPEGImageWriter since JAI came out back
in ... 1999? If you are using JAI, you should be good moving forward.

> MG>is batik aviable alternative for writing JPG classes with
> IIOMetadata?

Looks like
o.a.batik.ext.awt.image.codec.imageio.ImageIOJPEFImageWriter is built
on top of JAI, so it's not doing anything you can't do directly using
the same APIs.

- -chris