From Parth Upadhyay <parth.upadh...@gmail.com>
Subject Vertical Punctuation Rotation on textpaths in tb writing mode for Japanese Text
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2019 10:54:56 GMT
Hello,

I'm using batik 1.10 to render svgs to png. I noticed that in `tb` writing
mode, punctuation doesn't seem to get rotated as it should:

Repo to reproduce problem: https://github.com/justaparth/batik-vertical-test
Batik Result:
https://github.com/justaparth/batik-vertical-test/blob/master/readme_resources/batik_result.png
Chrome Result:
https://github.com/justaparth/batik-vertical-test/blob/master/readme_resources/chrome_result.png

In chrome, the full-width parenthesis and quote characters, (「 , get
rotated 90 degrees (as is natural in vertically written japanese), but when
rendered on batik, they remain upright.

Did I make some mistake in my svg file? Or is this a bug in batik?

My machine is running:
OSX 10.13.6 (also tried on a centos 7.5 machine)
openjdk-11.0.2 (though i have also tried with jdk 8 and had similar results)

Please let me know if you need any more information. Any help would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-parth