From Kerschbaum Michael <m.kerschb...@pke.at>
Subject AW: AccessControlException when running Batik Squiggle 1.11
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2019 08:17:59 GMT

www.pke.at

Aktiengesellschaft mit Sitz in Wien / Firmenbuchnummer 103264i / Ronald Düller - Vorsitzender
des Vorstandes / Bruno Faustka - Mitglied des Vorstandes / Matthias Koppensteiner - Mitglied
des Vorstandes / Klaus Düller - Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates

Von: John-Val Rose <john@rosethorn.technology>
Gesendet: Montag, 1. Juli 2019 08:34
An: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Betreff: AccessControlException when running Batik Squiggle 1.11

I am new to both Batik and this list so apologies if this question has been asked before.

I have tried to run Squiggle for Batik 1.11 both using the JARs and also via source but each
time I get the attached exception.

It seems to stem from this exception:

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.net.NetPermission" "setDefaultAuthenticator")
              at java.base/java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:472)
              at java.base/java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:1042)
              at java.base/java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:408)
              at java.base/java.net.Authenticator.setDefault(Authenticator.java:130)
              at org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.Main.<init>(Main.java:410)
              at org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.Main.main(Main.java:164)

I am running Squiggle on Windows 10 x64 and have tried with both the latest versions of Java
8 and 12.  I note that this problem does not occur when I tried another version namely Batik
1.9.

Could someone please help me understand what the nature of this problem is?

Graciously,

John-Val