From Colin Savage <CSav...@RUBICO.COM>
Subject RE: freeze? really slow rendering
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:52:06 GMT
I ran into the same problem, as far as i can see the memory usage goes
through the roof when the page sequence extends over too many pages, by
breaking into smaller pages sequences, it is much faster and doesn't freeze.
Typically about 25 pages or less per page sequence seems to be fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: ronald heller [mailto:ronald@salience.nl]
Sent: 27 August 2001 09:27
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: freeze? really slow rendering

Hi,
i have had some difficulties with fop 0.19 and fop 0.20.

first of all I'm processing a 400 page book, and have delt with memory
problems etc.

I use the following startup command to solve my memory error etc:

java -Xms64M -Xmx512M -cp
fop.jar;lib\w3c.jar;lib\xalan-2.0.0.jar;lib\xerces-1.2.3.jar;lib\jimi-1.0.ja
org.apache.fop.apps.Fop %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8

But now I face something else (?!?)

When fop says it's going to render the pages it freezes while doing so.

It just keeps blinking there (i've waited 4 hours to be sure.)

What is going on here, and what is to do about it?

Note when splitting the fo up into 2 smaller parts, both are processed just
fine, my fo is valid against the fo dtd from xep.

plz help.

Ronald