From "Jean-Michel Biollaz (pb)" <jm.biollaz....@hexalog.com>
Subject RE: FO Frames
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 05:39:46 GMT
Keiron,

Your configuration "StrokeSVGText" is working. I also change the font in my
SVG file from Arial to Helvetica (which is a PDF font), and now my document
is 47K instead of 1MB. The generation time is also faster.
Great !
Note : I find the block-container is not appropriate to draw single line.

Many thank's for your assistance on this,
Jean-Michel

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Keiron Liddle [mailto:keiron@aftexsw.com]
Envoyé : mercredi, 15. août 2001 10:38
À : fop-user@xml.apache.org
Objet : Re: FO Frames

Jean-Michel,

I see you actually mean pdf text, that is the text that appears on the page
is made from pdf text markup rather than shapes.

If your needs are simple, each bit of text is same font, is a pdf font, is
the same colour and isn't rotated then you can make it draw the text from
svg into the pdf as pdf markup text.

add the following to you userconfig
  <entry>
    <key>strokeSVGText</key>
    <value>false</value>
  </entry>

This is undocument, at the moment, because it is a bit limited.

Alternatively you could try putting the svg into a block-container.