From ronald heller <ron...@salience.nl>
Subject char entities and use of fonts in fop
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:42:27 GMT
Hi there,

A customer of ours uses all kind of languages in their xml document:
greek, latin, german, english, dutch, russian etc.

I want to have a look at fop, and to which extent it enables me to generate
such text in pdf.

It seems to me, although using unicode, you still have to make sure you are
using some specific font to generate some or another character, for not all
characters are in every font available to you .

Does that seem right or not?

If so, has anyone of one tackled this before in FOP?

Has fop to be rebuild over and over again, if I encounter some new
character that needs a particular kind of font?

RH