From Chuck Paussa <Chuck.Pau...@systems.dhl.com>
Subject Re: REgarding fo:retrieve-marker
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 17:08:52 GMT
Hi Meena,

fo:retrieve-marker is used (usually in the header) to retrieve the
contents of an fo:marker which has been placed in the flow (body of the
page). For instance, if someone is trying to build a phone book, you
would do this for every phone book entry

<fo:block><fo:marker
marker-class-name="entry">LastName</fo:marker>LastName, FirstName
...................... PhoneNumber</fo:block>

In the header you then create a table that places this on the left top
of the page
<fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="entry" retrieve-boundary="page"
retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"/>

And this on the top right of the page
<fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="entry" retrieve-boundary="page"
retrieve-position="last-starting-within-page"/>

And then, because you want a multi-column phone book, you'ld put a
column count in the fo:region-body like this
<fo:simple-page-master master-name="page" (+sizing info)>
    <fo:region-body column-count="3" (+sizing info)/>

Chuck