From "Roland Neilands" <rneila...@pulsemining.com.au>
Subject RE: Newbie: Error trying to convert (standalone) the simple.fo example after first installation...
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 22:46:01 GMT
I did not find this part of the installation particularly userfriendly
either.

Try this fop.bat instead: sets CLASSPATH environment variable correctly &
can be run anywhere. (change the directory to your fop install first):

Failing this:
use -d option for debug mode
try docs\examples\runtests.bat

Regards,
Roland

-----Original Message-----
From: Gilson Nascimento D Elrei [mailto:gilson.rei@cpm.com.br]
Sent: Wednesday, 15 May 2002 11:47 PM
To: 'fop-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: Newbie: Error trying to convert (standalone) the simple.fo
example after first installation...

Hello all,
I have donwloaded and installed FOP, i tried to convert the simple.fo file
using it like my first interaction with this tool, but i'm receiving this
follow message error:

 [ERROR]: Don't know what to do with

I have entered this lines on DOS Prompt of root FOP directory:

> FOP simple.fo simple.pdf

i tried another command...

> FOP -fo simple.fo -pdf simple.pdf

but i didn't get success...

I'm executing on Win98, in standalone mode (DOS command line).

Thanks for any help..

Gilson