From Jeremias Maerki <jeremias.mae...@outline.ch>
Subject Re: FOP Scalability
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 11:58:25 GMT
If you're working on one server only, I only see the possibility of
serializing FOP calls and maybe limit the number of concurrent FOP calls.
You can also try to optimize/simplify your layout. Bitmaps eat a lot of
memory. Using JPEG instead of GIF may help. Using vector graphic formats
instead of bitmaps where possible may help, too.

> I realise that more servers could be an answer, but unfortunately this is
> not likely to happen
> Is there a way to limit the memory allocation that FOP uses.
> (but then that poses the problem of what to do if we run out)
> It is imperative that the FOP does not fail, as it generating recipts to our
> users..
> Answers on a postcard ...

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

OUTLINE AG
Tel. +41 41 317 2020 - Fax +41 41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch