From Ramesh Suribhatla <ramesh_at_w...@yahoo.com>
Subject Attribute's effect in nested fo:inline
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 10:00:59 GMT
Hi,

I am using FOP 0.20.2. I am having a problem while
applying 'text-decoration' and 'vertical-align'
attributes to a nested fo:inline. I have some text
content in the inner fo:inline where the effect of the
above attributes is not being seen, when they are
specified in the outer fo:inline. If content is in the
fo:inline where the attributes are specified, things
are working fine. Please see in the examples below.

But, it is working fine for 'color' attribute, the
effect of which is being shown on inner fo:inline
content even if the attribute is specified in outer
fo:inline.

<fo:inline text-decoration="underline" color="blue">
   <fo:inline font-weight="bold">
     Text to be underlined
   </fo:inline>
</fo:inline>

<!-- Java with TM as superscipt -->
<fo:block color="blue">
  Java
  <fo:inline  vertical-align="super" >
    <fo:inline font-size="8pt">
      TM
    </fo:inline>
  </fo:inline>
</fo:block>

Are these things still to be implemented in FOP? If
so, how soon can we expect this? Please let me know
about this, so that I can code my program to add the
attribute to the inner fo:inline. Also, is there any
other way to get this?

Thanks,
Ramesh