From Jeremias Maerki <jeremias.mae...@outline.ch>
Subject Re: New FOP release?
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 14:56:02 GMT
The problem is rather that the questions gets posted a lot and the
response is always the same. Maybe people are getting tired of
responding to them. The mailing list archives contain a lot of similar
answers.

It comes down to this: FOP is in redesign (announced on the website).
All current releases come from a maintenance branch where relatively
little is going on. That means releases don't come out too often,
especially because this involves a lot of work. If you think that the
current CVS version contains fixes you really need you can ask that a
release be made as soon as possible. But don't expect too much at the
moment. New features (especially concerning FO conformance) are not
likely to appear. FOP has to be redesigned to allow that.

> I have asked the question more than once in the past.
> No one on this list seems to know anything about the development / rewrite
> of fop.
>
> I wish you luck with your search but I doubt you will find an answer on this
> list.

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

OUTLINE AG
Tel. +41 41 317 2020 - Fax +41 41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch