From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: struggling with fop
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 19:49:41 GMT
pandianoliver@netscape.net wrote:
> Hi Gurus,
> I have been struggling with the convertion to PDF
 > using FOP. It was working well for the past few
 > weeks and all of a sudden I am getting this exception
 > error and I have tried everything I could think of.
 > Now, I am seeking for your help!!!! The exception
 > error occurs on the call to
> I have tried both the fop versions 0.20.3 and 0.20.1.
 > both are producing the same error.

Those who can read can avoid some embarassements.

> Caused by: org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: javax.xml.transform.TransformerExce
> ption: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The string "--" is not permitted within co
> mments.
                                                 ^^^^^^^^^
Probably you have something commented out which already
contained a comment, either in your XML or XSL. Get an
XML editor with syntax highlighting and hunt for "--" in
comments, some products will even give you a precise
error location. Replace it with "- -" or whatever.

J.Pietschmann