From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Trying to resolve memory exception through correct use of page se quencing
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 20:21:53 GMT
John Bourke wrote:
> I think the problem is caused by me having a page sequence called detail
> page, into which my 500 pages worth of data is placed with a page break
> before each page full. BUT, this is all within the one page sequence which I
> think FOP is trying to render all at once.

FOP tries to render page by page, however, ending a
page sequence will usually free additional memory
(perhaps a lot of additional memory, according to
the stories on the list).

> Then when rendering FOP throws the following exception:
> ---------
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence.getNextPageMaster(PageSequence.jav
> a:526)

This has nothing to do with a memory problem. You
probably have referenced a page master which doesn't
exist, or hit another FOP bug. Can you post your
layout-master-set?

J.Pietschmann