From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Passing page numbers to an external servlet
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 21:13:45 GMT
Kevin Pearcey wrote:
> This won't work as it attempts to place the fo:page-number as an
> attribute of fo:external-graphic. This is the problem I have and as far
> as I can tell there is no way of solving it. It seems like xsl:fo just
> doesn't have the power to do much page conditional things without
> separate page masters.

This is correct.
Note that fo:page-number does not "return" the page number
for use elsewhere, there is no such concept in XSLFO. It
isn't some sort of macro language where "fo:page-number" is
replaced by the actual page number either. The fo:page-number
element *renders* the page number.

You can implement a FOP extension element to do what you want.

J.Pietschmann