From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: org.xml.sax.Attributes: method getQName(I)Ljava/lang/String; not found
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 21:20:03 GMT
Lee, James wrote:
> I am new to FOP and trying to run the simple FopServlet in WebSphere
> Application Server 3.5.  I can compile the FopServlet no problem and
> copy all the lib jar files like fop.jar; xerces-1.2.3.jar;
> xalan-2.0.0.jar; xalanj1compat.jar; avalon-framework-4.0.jar;
> logkit-1.0.jar; bsf.jar into the server lib directory.   When I try to
> access the servlet through the browser, I got an empty page and
> exception logged like:
>
>  "java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.xml.sax.Attributes: method
> getQName(I)Ljava/lang/String; not found"

Websphere 3.x has some really ancient XML libraries in the
static classpath for the webapp. You'll have to put your
favorite XML toolset (Xalan/Xerxes) in the static classpath
explicitely. Look here
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=101552169109119&w=2
search for "Websphere"

Complain violently to IBM, event though you'll probably get only
some "yeah, yeah, upgrade to 4.x" comment.

J.Pietschmann