From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: step-by-step instructions how to print Chinese in PDF?
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 22:10:25 GMT
Argyn Kuketayev wrote:
> it's msmincho.ttc. I ran ttfreader, it generated me the HUGE xml file ~400k.
>
> How should I extract the only required fonts?

You don't. Chinese fonts are huge. You should already be
aware of that.

 > I don't specify any fonts
 > explicitely inside my FO file, only font family serif or sans-serif.

I'm not sure what you want to say.

Register your font using some name, like "msmincho", in
your userconfig.xml. Write a small FO file using some
chinese characters, should work best if you assured they
have glyphs in the font. Run FOP. If this doesn't work,
use font-family="msmincho" on the enclosing block. If
this still doesn't work, ask your boss for another
assignment.

J.Pietschmann