From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Newbie: Error trying to convert (standalone) the simple.fo exampl e after first installation...
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 22:51:14 GMT
Gilson Nascimento D Elrei wrote:
> I have donwloaded and installed FOP, i tried to convert the simple.fo file
> using it like my first interaction with this tool, but i'm receiving this
> follow message error:
>
>  [ERROR]: Don't know what to do with

This is a known problem caused either by the DOS command processor
or the JVM. It is specific to the 16bit Windows variants.
Nobody has yet published a workaround, you'll have to experiment
a bit by yourself. You can, for example, try
  java -jar bin\fop.jar nnn.fo nnn.pdf
which might work (or not).
If all else fails, get the source distribution, open
the file src\org\apache\fop\apps\CommandLineOptions.java,
kill the line throwing the exception wih the error
message above and rebuild FOP.

J.Pietschmann