From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: PDF doesn't show in ie over https
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 22:58:22 GMT
Katiyar, Bhawana wrote:
>>Hi!
>>I generate PDFs using Fop. All PDF docs are displyed with IE 5.5, Netscape 6  over
HTTP. When i switch it to HTTPS, Netscape works fine but IE gives the following error : Internet
Explorer cannot download....Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The
requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.
>>My cache-control is set to "private". I have tried making it "no-cache", still doesn't
work.

This is a known problem with IEx and uncacheable documents
which aren't handled by IEx itself.
Perhaps it helps if you give IEx a hint by using an URL
ending in .pdf. If there are parameters, try to append
a dummy=.pdf parameter.

J.Pietschmann