From Chris.Br...@scotland.gsi.gov.uk
Subject FOP Scalability
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 11:32:44 GMT
This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely
 for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

I have FOP 0.20.3 running successfully on my web server and was wondering
what the best way to control the scalability of it. There is a possibility
that 30 + users may be requesting a PDF page at the same time and as you all
know FOP is not too kind on memory usage. The PDF being produced are only 10
pages max so its just the cost of the processing on the web server that is
the problem.
I have seen ideas about limiting the number of FOP processes running at one
time but I dont want to have users waiting for minutes for their PDF page to
be displayed.
Does any one have any other ideas ?