From TSchutzerWeissm...@uk.imshealth.com
Subject RE: FOP: Page Orientation in Postscript
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 12:10:32 GMT
Hello Jeremias,

It looks like it could be a bit more complicated than some missing commands.
The reason I was doing this was that I wanted uncompressed PDF as a
template: FOP's great but a bit slow for 200-odd near-identical documents.
In the end what I did was make the PDF in FOP and use Ghostscript to make an
uncompressed version. It seems to have worked fine.

So then I used Ghostscript to make a postscript version of the ok PDF and
compared it to FOP version that had all the problems, but there was no
difference in the commands that I could recognise, although there were
plenty of differences amongst the gobbledegook below them - not very helpful
I'm afraid.

If anything turns up I will let you know,
Regards,
Tom Weissmann

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch]
Sent: 01 May 2002 12:41
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: FOP: Page Orientation in Postscript

I've had similar experiences within GhostView, but I haven't found out
yet what's missing. Maybe it's the missing BoundingBox DSC comment,
although adding that manually didn't help. It's likely that a
setpagedevice command might solve that, but I haven't investigated yet.
Please tell me if you find anything.