From Jack Donohue <donoh...@synovation.com>
Subject RE: Newbie - render problem
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 15:43:05 GMT
Hi Benjamin.

Try this instead:

	Driver driver = new Driver();
 	driver.setOutputStream(new FileOutputStream("simple.pdf"));
	driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
	driver.render(doc);
// 	driver.run();

Jack.

-----Original Message-----
From: benjamin rasmussen [mailto:benras@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 6:17 AM
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Newbie - render problem

Can anyone explain why the following code does not work?!

Code:
FileInputStream file = new FileInputStream("simple.fo");
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory docBuilderFac =
    javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
DocumentBuilder docBuilder = docBuilderFac.newDocumentBuilder();
Document doc = docBuilder.parse(file);

Driver driver = new Driver();
driver.render(doc);
driver.setOutputStream(new FileOutputStream("simple.pdf"));
driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
driver.run();

I get a NullPointerException. I think it has something to do with the
variable: doc (org.w3c.dom.Document).