From "Tobias Mueller" <tmuel...@a-i-c.de>
Subject Newbie Problem: FOP over SOAP -> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 11:38:36 GMT
Hi!

I'm trying to get FOP over SOAP (invoking a bean) up and running, but I
always receive the "org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException" error message. Though
I'm a beginner in this matter, hopefully someone can give me a hint.

My code:

import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;

import org.xml.sax.InputSource;
import org.xml.sax.XMLReader;

import org.apache.fop.apps.Driver;
import org.apache.fop.apps.Version;
import org.apache.fop.apps.InputHandler;
import org.apache.fop.apps.XSLTInputHandler;

import org.apache.log.*;

public class generatePDF {

	public String Publish(String XMLfile, String XSLfile, String outFile)
throws Exception {

		File MyXMLfile = new File(XMLfile);
		File MyXSLfile = new File(XSLfile);
		FileOutputStream MyOutputFile = new FileOutputStream(outFile);

		Logger log = null;

		if(log == null) {
	            Hierarchy hierarchy = Hierarchy.getDefaultHierarchy();
        	    log = hierarchy.getLoggerFor("fop");
	            log.setPriority(Priority.WARN);
        	}

		try {

			Driver driver = new Driver();
			driver.setLogger(log);
  			driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
  			InputHandler inputHandler = new XSLTInputHandler(MyXMLfile, MyXSLfile);
  			XMLReader parser = inputHandler.getParser();
  			driver.setOutputStream(MyOutputFile);
  			driver.render(parser, inputHandler.getInputSource());
  			MyOutputFile.close();

		} catch (Exception ex) {

			System.out.println(ex);

		}

  		return "built " + outFile;
	}

}

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english,

Tobi