From "Norr, Peter" <pn...@lehman.com>
Subject RE: speed
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 15:00:13 GMT
do you have an example of breaking up a long table into multiple
page-sequences?

thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Cyril Rognon [mailto:crognon@objectiva.fr]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 10:40 AM
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: speed

Ok, this is slow figures.

We have much longer tables and yet we do not have such low rate. Do you
have forward reference ? For instance, do you have the famous page X of Y
in your page footer ?

Long tables and forward references are the two FOP speed issues. You have
to cut your table to pieces and put each part in a separate page-sequence.
It helps a lot.

As for forward Reference, you have the choice to wait for the redesign to
use streamed PDF (if they intend to) of you may use some 'little-dirty'
workaround : Do not use forward ref, if you have a TOC at the head, put it
at the end and swap it back to the head with iText. If you are using Page X
of Y, do not use the <page-number-citation> but write the total number of
pages yourself using iText once again.

This is not "by the book" rules.

This is workaround.

Redisign will save us all (Keiron, hear us ! :) )

cheers

Cyril

At 10:18 03/06/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>for example a 17 page document takes 100 seconds..
>
>it has a  header, footer and one long table as the body.
>peter

named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot
be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information
is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject
to change without notice.