From Balaji Loganathan <balajilog...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Again out of Memory Error -2
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 15:46:20 GMT
Hi Cyril,
  Thanks a lot for replying.
   I'm using Tomcat 3.2,so I think there shd be
someway to imporve JVM heap size.
  Now I understood the multiple page sequence
advantage.I tried to change my to have XSLT to print
20 rows at a time,still coding/re-coding my XSLT to
get a good result and not yet completed.
  Since this is a one-off job,I converted my large XML
data to HTML,then I converted HTML to PDF using Adobe
distiller.So the task is done,but I'm half baked now
with my XSLT code.
 Thanks a lot for replying me at right time.
Regards
Balaji

 --- Cyril Rognon <crognon@objectiva.fr> wrote: > Ok
I'll try to answer both part 1 and 2 here :

> as for the JVM memory parameter with servlet engines
> : Your servlet engine
> is executed in a JVM that must allow you to set
> memory parameters. I don't
> know about every ServletEngine or ApplicationServers
> but you can do this
> with Tomcat or Websphere so I guess it exists
> everywhere.
>
> As for multiple page sequences, it is simply a fact
> that the current FOP
> implementation seems to keep a whole page sequence
> in memory before it
> writes it down. So the biggest bage sequence you
> have, the more heap size
> you need.
>
> Therefore it can be helpfull to create separate page
> sequence anytime you
> can. In your case, it is the worst situation : one
> long table. You have to
> start and stop the table each time you want to
> change page-sequence. Some
> guy on the list had the same situation to deal with.
> He manage to have an
> average number of x row per pages. Then he twisted
> his XSLT stylesheet to
> take x rowData (detail element in your case) to
> build one page sequence
> containing one table with the x rows and so on.
>
> He has ended with a 97 page-sequence document. This
> may be a little extreme
> but it works. The archive pointer I gave you does
> this trick.
>
> In many case, you have to deal with many tables wich
> are not always 100
> pages long then you can place page-sequences every
> time you know you can
> have a page break.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Cyril

http://www.sold.com.au - The Sold.com.au Big Brand Sale
- New PCs, notebooks, digital cameras, phones and more ... Sale ends June 12