From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: external-graphic width & height
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 19:41:45 GMT
Florence Deforge wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to resize some gif images which are to be displayed in a pdf doc.
>
> I tried to insert the following code inside a block or a table-cell :
> <fo:external-graphic width="75%" height="75%" text-align="center">
>     <xsl:attribute name="src">
>         <xsl:text>file:</xsl:text>
>         <xsl:value-of select="image"/>
>     </xsl:attribute>
> </fo:external-graphic>
>
> Whatever percentage or absolute size is set, the graphic is displayed with
> same size (which is not the original size as well).
>
> Could anyone advice please ?

It seems that a percental width does not work on
fo:external-graphic. Use an absolute measure like width="5cm".
Note that "75%" won't scale the image to 75% of the original
width, even if it worked, it would scale the image to 75% of
the width of the enclosing reference area. Note further that
when it comes to rendering of bitmapped images to physical
devices your definition of "original size" may be quite
different from anyone's else, but still everyone is right.

J.Pietschmann