From "Roni Nemerovsky - Hotmail" <roni_nemerov...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem, please help ASAP !
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2002 18:03:16 GMT
Oleg Hi - this is Roni - also from MultiConn.
Where & How did you cross my question regarding FOP ?!?
It's quite strange that you of all people replied, don't you think ?
Do you know how to use the FOP well ?
Does experanto uses it too ?!
I need some background and help with it - If you are my person to talk too, please let me
know, I will probably have to use this code in a project for Mataf.
052-719871
Thanks.
Roni, MultiConn.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Oleg Tkachenko
  To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2002 1:26 PM
  Subject: Re: Problem, please help ASAP !

  roni nemerovsky - hotmail wrote:

  > I downloaded the zipped bin file and extracted it.
  > When I try to run an example inorder to view the output, I get the
  > following output.
  > The input file is one of those extracted from your web site (with no
  > changes).

  > C:\fop-0.20.3>fop -xsl xml2pdf.xsl -xml build.xml -pdf a.pdf

  You probably misunderstood what particular xml2pdf.xsl stylesheet is intended
  for. That's not generic xml to pdf stylesheet, instead, as it stated in
  docs/readme it's "a stylesheet, to convert xslfoRef.xml to pdf". It does
  require particular xslfoRef.xml (or similar by xml structure) file as xml
  source. Being applyed to an arbitrary xml, as you did with build.xml I believe
  a very likely it'll transform it to a non valid fo document, probably even
  ill-formed or empty. So try instead

  fop -xsl xml2pdf.xsl -xml xslfoRef.xml -pdf a.pdf

  --
  Oleg Tkachenko
  Multiconn International, Israel