From "Roland Neilands" <rneila...@pulsemining.com.au>
Subject RE: Problems rendering JPEG images when converting to PDF
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 03:11:22 GMT
Problems rendering JPEG images when converting to PDFIan,

They work fine for me, but I tested some cases quickly & there do seem to be
some bugs where the image is bigger than the allocated space (or just too
big):

Height & width on a block container don't cause scaling by themselves. You
may get problems with images which exceed this size.
.bmp: [ERROR] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
.jpg: blank

<fo:block-container height="3cm" width="2.5cm">

            <fo:external-graphic  height="3cm" width="2.5cm"
src="file:///images/{$logo}"/>
Specify height & width on fo:external-graphic or long axis only & it scales
the image to fit. Specifying the short axis only scales in proportion as
expected but if this causes the long axis to exceed the block size there is
different behaviour:
JPG: blank

Check it out a bit further & raise a bug if there isn't one already.

This wasn't very thorough, I hope it helps,
Roland.