From CRK...@gmx.de
Subject Re: fo:basic-link on svg image
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 07:24:38 GMT
Hello Keiron,

thank you very much. This is not the answer I intended to hear, but at least
I know, that it's not possible with the current releases.

I will probably post some more questions, when I have found the time to work
on some hack.

Thanks again,
Christian

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 02:20, CRKurz@gmx.de wrote:
> If I understood this discussion correctly, there is no way of linking a
part
> of an svg to a location WITHIN the SAME pdf, that contains the embedded
svg.

> Is this still true?

It is still true and will always remain true until there is some way of
specifying a link from svg to something in another xml document using
the svg anchor element. The requirement of pagination and creation of
some output format further complicates any possibility of this.
You might be able to implement some sort of hack to get what you want...

> What is the PDF-Links section at
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/design/understanding/svg.html describing?
>
> ("To support links in PDF another batik element bridge is used. The
> PDFAElementBridge creates a PDFANode which inserts a link into the PDF
document via
> the PDFGraphics2D.
>
> Since links are positioned on the page without any transforms then we need
> to transform the coordinates of the link area so that they match the
current
> position of the a element area. This transform may also need to account
for
> the svg being positioned on the page.
> ")

An svg link is an svg link. It has absolutely nothing to do with fo
markup or basic-link.
In cvs an svg link can point to an svg viewbox or rectangle in the svg
document or point to an external URL.

http://www.gmx.net