From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <fiol.bon...@terra.es>
Subject Re: pdf/ps
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 19:27:18 GMT
Maybe I am taking this a little bit off-topic, but you say...

"instructions to place strings and lines and other stuff
here and there"

This ressembles to me a bit like SVG, don't you think?

So maybe it is not easy to build a tool that transforms PS to XSL-FO,
but it does not seem very difficult to get an SVG writer.

I will even give Mr. Welter some free advice on how to do that:    ;-)

1. Find a Java PS or PDF AWT renderer (there must exist one).
2. Download batik.
3. Create a simple that uses batik's SVG renderer as the AWT canvas to
render the PS into.

And "voila!".

HTH.

Antonio Fiol